Friday, January 24, 2014

Quick Fix Friday - Warranties & Manuals


Today  I am showing you how I organize my warranties and manuals.  This QFF is something that could be done in a short amount of time, given that your warranties and manuals are already in one spot (in which case, maybe they are already organized enough for you! :)  If you have them all scattered about, it may take you longer.  The solution I have for keeping this paperwork organized came straight from one of my favorite YouTube channels, Home Organizing by Alejandra.tv.  This specific video can be found here.

The items you will need for this project are a 3-ring binder (mine is a 3" binder), plastic binder envelopes (like these from Staples - I purchased them individually at my local store), and some tab dividers (like these).  I also used my label maker.  Or you could use an accordion file, a filing cabinet, or punch holes right in the manuals/warranties/product instructions and just slip them in a binder like that.  Obviously, this won't be the solution for those items that come with phone book sized manuals.  There are many ways to get them organized and in a spot where they can easily be found if needed.  This system is basic and easy to put together.



My categories are TV & DVD, Computer, Gadget, Household, Kitchen, Beauty, Toys & Baby.



This binder lives on a shelf in our laundry room.  I do not need to access it often at all, but it definitely is convenient for when I do have a question about a product or when I go to sell something.  I find you can usually get a few bucks more if you can include the manual.  


Hooray for organized warranties and manuals!  Thanks to Alejandra for the awesome idea!  I find so many organizing solutions on her YouTube channel!



Linking up to these amazing blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: